Our Billing Specialists are here to help!  

You can reach our billing group at 770-429-1005 or

Billing FAQ

What insurance plans do you take?

We participate in many insurance plans.  If you would like to know whether KP participates in your particular plan, it’s best to contact us at 770-429-1005 or  Even within the same insurance company, plans can differ in who and what they cover, so we strongly recommend you also contact your insurance company to confirm coverage and whether they consider KP to be in our out of your network.   If you have any other questions about your insurance coverage, please discuss this with your insurance company prior to your visit.  Unfortunately, we are unable to accept new Medicaid patients at this time.

What should I bring to the office visit?

Make sure to bring all necessary documents, including your insurance card and your ID (like your driver’s license or military ID) to your visit.

Do you file insurance for us?

We’re happy to assist in the filing of your insurance.  This means we file all the paperwork for you.  Any copays or non-covered services will still be your responsibility.

How do I add my newborn to my insurance plan?

Call your insurance company as soon as possible after your child’s birth. Most insurance plans allow just 30 days after your child’s birth for you to add him/her to your policy.  We will be able to see your child in those first 30 days using your existing insurance card (remember to bring it to the first visit!).  However, if you do not add your child to the plan in the time allowed, you will be responsible for the charges. Check out our Tips for Adding Your Newborn to Your Insurance.

Why did I receive a bill if you take my insurance plan?

Each insurance plan has different benefits and different financial obligations and most have some charges that are the responsibility of the family. We will mail you a statement for these types of charges.

These may include –

  • Copays and coninsurance.  These are flat fees your insurance policy charges per visit and may be different for different types of visits.  Typically you will pay your copay at the visit, but if not, it will be included on your bill.
  • Charges for a services before the deductible is met.  Many plans don’t kick in for certain services until you’ve paid a certain amount – this is your deductible.  Once you’ve met your deductible for the year, your insurance company will pay for more.
  • Charges for services that aren’t covered by your plan.

We suggest you contact your insurance plan to find out what services are covered, the amount of your copays, and the amount of your deductible before the visit so you don’t have any surprises later.

When do you send out bills for anything we might owe after insurance has paid their part?

We will send you a statement as soon as we hear back from your insurance plan regarding what portion of the bill they pay, and which part is your responsibility. Balances not paid within 30 days of the first statement will be charged a $25 late fee.  If you have questions about a bill you received or need to work out a payment plan, please contact the billing office at 770-429-1005 or

Why did I receive a bill from another company (lab, equipment company, etc.)?

Some things like certain labs and rentals of nebulizers and infant bili blankets are conducted by outside companies.  These companies will process your insurance and bill you separately.  KP will not bill you for these items, so even though you receive a bill from both KP and another company, you will not be charged twice for the same item.

What are the fees for forms and records?

Immunization Records (3231) are provided at each well check, free of charge.   Replacement 3231 forms,  or other forms that are dropped off for completion at a time other than an exam, are $10 per form.   Because of the substantial time involved in completion, initial Katie Beckett applications are $75.

Form 3231 is not just a list of immunizations, but certification that a child is fully up to date on vaccines.  If a child is not up to date, we cannot legally issue a Form 3231, but will provide a list of all immunizations the child has received.  This immunization list can also be printed through the patient portal free of charge at any time.

Where can I get records of all my payments?

Receipts for payments made are offered at each visit.  Duplicate receipts and other payment records can be provided electronically free of charge by contacting the billing office at  Printed extensive duplicate financial records may be charged a $10 administrative fee.